The policy outlines:
- Your rights, including details on whether the data subject is obliged to provide the personal data and the consequences of failure to provide it
- The data we collect and store
- The purposes of this collection, and our lawful reasoning for doing so
- The recipients of the personal data, including transfer to a third party (where applicable)
- Access to personal information
- Details of any transfer to a third party and details of the safeguards and the means by which to obtain a copy of them or where they have been made available
- What to do if you have a complaint
- The identity and the contact details of the Data and IT Controller at See Science Ltd.
1. Your rights
As a Data Subject you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For further information please visit the Information Commissioner's website.
2. The data we hold
See Science Ltd only collects and stores the following types of information.
2.1 Personal information
- Other personal information, including home addresses, any type of financial information or other information that could be considered to be confidential, is never stored on See Science Ltd devices and systems.
2.2 Organisation information
- Only information about organisations which is readily accessible in the public domain is held on See Science Ltd devices and systems.
- Other information about organisations, including financial information or any other data that could be considered to be confidential, is never stored on See Science Ltd devices and systems.
2.3 Social media data
- If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored on the platform for up to 1 year. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
4. Access to personal information
On receipt of evidence of your identity, we can provide:
- Confirmation that your data is being processed
- Access to your personal data; and
- Any other supplementary information.
In some cases what will be provided may be limited if in sharing the data we would also be providing data on another individual. In these cases, we may have to ask for consent to contact the other individual for consent, edit out some of the data relating to the individual, or not share a portion of the data. If this is the case, we will communicate this with you as soon as possible and explain the reasoning behind this.
Information will be provided within one month of receipt. However, we may extend the period of compliance by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
We will verify the identity of the person making the request, using 'reasonable means'. If the request is made electronically, we will provide the information in a commonly used secure electronic format.
When a complaint has been made we will create a secure file containing the details of the complaint. This would usually contain the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the necessary personal information to process the complaint through our standard complaint procedure.
We will keep personal information contained in secure files in line with our data retention policy. This means that information relating to a complaint will be retained for 2 years. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the 'need to know' principle.
Similarly, where enquiries are submitted to us we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
We do not send any of our marketing information to third parties, and the data is only shared internally if necessary and in compliance with data regulations.
5.1 Complaints or queries about this policy
You can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think our collection or use of information is inaccurate, unfair or misleading. We also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
6. See Science Ltd Data and IT Controller
The Data and IT Controller at See Science Ltd and the person responsible for administering this policy is Cerian Angharad.
See Science Ltd
8 St Andrew's Crescent
Cardiff CF10 3DD