Other STEM Ambassador opportunities
Scientific outreach grants from the Biochemical Society
The Biochemical Society has funding available to support activities and events that help communicate the excitement of the molecular sciences, or biology, to school children and/or the general public. Applications are invited for sums up to £1,000 to assist with the direct costs associated with an event and expenses incurred (e.g. transport and/or teacher cover). The next deadline is the 29 April 2013.
We also have an activities library to help with ideas, inspiration, and links to possible collaborators: www.biochemistry.org/ScientificOutreachGrants/Activitieslibrary
Nature's Work events
Nature's Work is located in North West Wales providing a range of outdoor learning courses in science and geography for school groups. Our teacher training programmes develop the use of the outdoor classroom. We are enable outdoor learning. We have also been instrumental in the development of the Environmental Learning Cards. We can offer a comprehensive teacher training package upon request.
There's more about the following courses at www.natureswork.co.uk/professional-courses/courses.
- [Capture] Snowdonia. This day is a basic introduction to landscape photography. It will focus on mastering and understanding composition, such as using the rule of thirds and leading lines. The course will also cover bracketing for high dynamic range, long exposures, mastering light and using filters.
- Hedgerow Harvest. Join us on stunning country walks, where you will be gathering the harvest that the hedgerow has to offer, then turning it all into a range of foods to excite and delight in a professional Kitchen. Residential and non-residential options.
- Introduction to Bushcraft
- Plants of the Mountain Environment
- Environment for Mountain Leaders
- Conservation of the Mountain Environment
- Glaciation of North Wales